The following are the state of Missouri’s standard septic system regulations.
- Septic tank from private well = 50 ft.
- Septic tank from public well = 300 ft.
- Lateral lines from private well = 100 ft.
- Lateral lines from public well = 300 ft.
- Septic tank from property line = 10 ft.
- Lateral line from property line = 10 ft.
Some regulations that vary from the state per county are as follows.
- Set back requirements. (same as state’s)
- No specific tank depth requirement.
- Where top of tank is more than 18 inches below grade, manholes and inspection holes must extend to approximately 8 inches below grade. If they are extended above grade, they must be adequately sealed to prevent accidental access.
- Conventional lateral lines must be a minimum of 18 inches and no more than 30 inches below finished grade.
- No gravel requirements. However, some manufacturers, particularly poly and fiberglass tank manufactures, have very specific requirements regarding back fill materials and methods.