The following are the state of Missouri’s standard septic system regulations.
- Septic tank from private well = 50 ft.
- Septic tank from public well = 300 ft.
- Lateral lines from private well = 100 ft.
- Lateral lines from public well = 300 ft.
- Septic tank from property line = 10 ft.
- Lateral line from property line = 10 ft.
Some regulations that vary from the state per county are as follows.
- Set back requirements. (same as state’s)
- Tank must have accessibility to grade to service inlet and outlet pipe, tee and baffle assemblies
- Conventional lateral lines: (same as Taney) Minimum of 18 inches down to 30 inches below grade.
- Lateral lines must be a minimum of 120 lineal feet of 24 inches wide per bedroom depending on soil loading rate.
- There is a minimum for any residence to have 240 lineal feet of 24 inches of conventional lateral lines.