Septic system requirements for Springfield, MO and Greene County are regulated by the Greene County Health Department’s Environmental Division.
We are licensed in Springfield, MO and Greene County for standard septic systems and advanced treatment installation. To understand what septic regulations you require contact Envirotek Systems.
Call or Request Estimate!
For additional information on requirements related to septic system installation visit my post on Soil Evaluations for Septic Systems in Springfield, MO and Greene County.
Like every other county in the state of Missouri, Greene County requires adherence to the state statutes as a minimum requirement with a few additional requirements.
However, when recently performing a quick review of the county requirements I noticed a less stringent requirement than the state in regard to minimum septic tank depth. The state rule is a minimum depth of 36″. Greene County rules state a minimum depth of only 30″. This may be a clerical error.
Any new septic systems or repairs involving changes of lateral amounts or septic tank replacement require a permit.
Some of the basic septic system requirements for Greene County
- Minimum septic tank size is 1,000 gals. for any residence up to and including a 3 bedroom home.
- A 4 bedroom home requires a minimum of a 1,250 gal. tank.
- A 5 bedroom home requires a minimum of a 1,500 gal. tank.
- All residential systems are sized at the rate of 12o gallons per bedroom.
- Standard absorption trenches are not permitted in soils with a loading rate of less than 0.2 gallons per day.
- All absorption field sizing is based upon information obtained from a soil evaluation performed by qualified individuals.
- Absorption areas are based on soil loading rates with a minimum requirement of 600 sq.ft. for any residence.
Some common setback requirements
- Septic tank to private water supply = 50′
- Disposal area to private water supply = 100′
- Disposal area to property line = 10′
Anyone performing septic system installation or repairs in Springfield, MO must be licensed as an installer with the state of Missouri and Greene County. The only exception is for homeowners performing their own repairs. They are not required to be licensed but must demonstrate the knowledge needed for the work they are performing and all work is subject to inspection.
For your next professional septic system installation or repair contact Envirotek Systems.