Updated: August 7, 2023
Envirotek Systems is hiring for a heavy equipment operator in Nixa, MO. We prefer candidates to be experienced in operating machinery such as a backhoe, track loader, skid steer and forklift, but we are also willing to train. This is a full-time position with the opportunity for overtime. Salary offers are subject to experience and range between $20 – $35 / hour. We offer paid vacations and occasional bonus pay.
Applicants for our heavy equipment operator jobs should expect to work in areas of southwest Missouri including Branson, Hollister, Forsyth, Branson West, Reeds Spring, Galena, Cape Fair, Kimberling City, Lampe, Table Rock Lake, Shell Knob, Monett, Aurora, Republic, Nixa, Ozark and Springfield.
Envirotek Systems is a septic system and wastewater service provider. We specialize in all services related to sewage including septic tanks, sewer & grinder pumps, lift stations, sewage treatment plants, septic inspections, excavation, water lines and drainage systems.
40 – 50 hours per week
$20.00 – $35.00 an hour
- Operate machinery as needed
- Perform scheduled equipment maintenance
- Managing on-site job crew (optional)
- Hands on ditch work including digging, laying pipe & assembling components
- Operate smart phone with job related software (optional)
- Record and interpret elevations with laser level
High school diploma, GED
None required. Willing to train.
- Backhoe operating experience
- Skid steer operating experience
- Track loader operating experience
Experience In Lieu Of Education
Experience is evaluated as a consideration in lieu of education.
- Backhoe experience (will train)
- Skid steer experience (will train)
- Track loader experience (will train)
- Excavate around existing utilities (will train)
- Trench digging on grade (will train)
- Finish grading (will train)
- Taking site elevations with laser level (will train)
- Plumbing skills (will train)
- Basic math abilities (required)
- Read and write (required)
- Read tape measurer (required)
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stoop and kneel
- Ability to grip tightly
- Possess good dexterity
- Valid MO driver's license with upstanding driving record
- Class A CDL (preferred, not required)
- Must be able to provide documentation for legal authorization to work in U.S.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Paid Vacations
- Flexible Schedule
- Bonus Pay
Envirotek Systems offers 2 weeks paid vacation after 1st year of employment. We also offer flexibility of time off for family events and emergencies as well as occasional performance bonuses.
FAQs About Our Heavy Equipment Operator Position
Want to know what this position is really like? Check out our detailed description of this job.
Aside from any occasional overtime, your schedule will allow for working Monday – Friday or Monday – Thursday.
Subject to seasonal sunrises…
Summer schedule: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Fall, Winter, & Spring schedule: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
No, we are willing to train the right individual who has a passion for wanting to learn to operate heavy machinery.
Most of your operating time will be spent on a backhoe, but you will also occasionally operate a track hoe, skid steer as well as a mini excavator.
We prefer our equipment operators to have a Class A CDL or be willing to obtain one, but no, a Class A CDL is not required for this position.
While most of your time will be spent operating machinery, additional responsibilities will include machinery maintenance, managing job-site crew (optional), utilizing job-site software (optional), recording and interpreting elevations with a laser level as well as hands on ditch work including digging, laying pipe and assembling components.
You might think that because our company works in the sewage and wastewater industry that it would be a fairly disgusting job, but ironically, having direct contact with any sewage is a rarity.
Directions To Our Office
1254 N. Kelly Ave.
Nixa, MO 65714
Choose on one of the cities below to access driving directions, routes and travel time to our office.
Traveling from another location? Click the following link and enter your starting point for alternative directions. Directions to Envirotek Systems